Make football season not just fun, but also safe
Finally, we’re welcoming fall, that eagerly anticipated season when we get to enjoy cooler temps, colorful leaves, the start of school and, of course, football season in Illinois and Wisconsin!
Football season brings with it a whole host of seasonal activities for football fans, from game-day tailgates and sports bar outings, to friendly bets and bowl parties. At R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we want your football season to be both exciting and safe, so as you cheer your team to victory, consider the following tips.
Keep it clean: Tailgating is one of America’s favorite pastimes! If you’re tailgating, opt for non-breakable, recyclable containers. This will make cleanup easier and help avoid injuries resulting from broken glass.
- Be smart: Whether you are tailgating, hosting a football-watching party at your house, sitting in the stands at Soldier Field or joining your buddies at the local bar, know your limit on alcohol intake and make sure you have a designated driver.
- Know where you’re going: Pre-plan travel to and from the stadium to avoid getting lost and to make finding parking easier if you drive.
- Fill those bellies: Whenever alcohol is consumed, make sure food is too!
- Be weather wise: If you’re heading to the stadium, be sure to prepare for the weather. In colder temps, bring layers and blankets (especially if you’re bringing the little ones along). Also, avoid umbrellas if you find yourself in a lightning storm.
- Keep it close: Whether you’re hitting the live game or the local tavern, be sure to keep your valuables, such as wallets, mobile phones and purses, safe. Also, keep it close to you (better yet, attached) at all times to avoid theft.
Wherever and however you’re watching the game, we hope you enjoy every last minute.
Game day insurance tips
Here are a few pointers for making sure your insurance provides an additional safety net on game day:
• Make sure you have adequate auto and property coverage to cover any contents that may be stolen in the unfortunate event of a break-in at the stadium parking lot.
• Ensure you have sufficient liability coverage on your homeowner’s policy, as well as medical payments coverage and possibly umbrella coverage. These exist to protect you in the event someone becomes injured while at your house.
• Consider roadside assistance coverage. In the event your vehicle breaks down or you lock your keys in your car, it can save the day.
Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!
Content Source: Safeco