Shovel snow safely this winter
Winter is here, and with it comes many traditions and activities: Holiday celebrations with loved ones in Illinois, Wisconsin, Chicago or the suburbs, skiing and snowboarding outings, fireplace-lit living rooms, homemade batches of soup… and shoveling snow.
Should you live somewhere in Illinois or Wisconsin when snow storms hit and your driveway and walkways are covered with the cold white stuff, you might want to just stay inside. But if your work and personal commitments make that impossible, you’ll need to first dig out the snow shovel - or make sure it’s handy before the snow flies!
For many people across Illinois or Wisconsin, snow shoveling will be both a reality and a necessity this winter. At R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we want to ensure your efforts will get you on your way while also keeping you safe, so here are some snow-shoveling tips offered by the Boston Herald.
· Warm-up! Never jump right into an activity. Start by cleaning off your car.
· Place your hands a good distance apart on the shovel - it helps with leverage.
· Never bend at your waist.
· Push the snow when you can.
· Scoop smaller loads of snow.
· Use your legs, core and arms to help scoop and throw snow.
· Always step in the direction you throw snow to avoid excessive twisting on your lower back.
If snow shoveling is on your winter task list, we at R Hobbs Insurance Agency wish you both a clear sidewalk and a healthy body.
Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!
Content Source: Safeco